Thursday, July 30, 2009

Worst class ever

So yesterday, I observed second grade Montessori. I have never seen a more disobedient, disrespectful, out of control class. They didn't start off so bad, but by the afternoon the situation had completely deteriorated. I felt so bad for the teacher; she was really embarrassed that they were acting that way when I was there. The class was supposed to be going exploring for animals at the end of the day, but she made about 7 of them stay in the room and clean. I didn't think they should be left alone, so I stayed with them and tried to calm them down. They did clean, and we made an apology card for the teacher, but one of the boys (Arturo) managed to rile them all up again. When she got back and gave them the consequence of picking up trash, Arturo ripped up the card. He later turned on the water outside and sprayed his teacher with it. He and another girl, Scolin, were suspended. And, of course, they blame me. Not really excited that I'm already making enemies, but I'm not going to tolerate bad behavior just so they'll like me. I'm nervous because I'm going to sub tomorrow for the 4th, 5th, 6th English teacher. I observed them today, and they were so malcriado. I'm going to try a behavior system and bribe them with candy and hope I don't get eaten alive.

1 comment:

  1. That must have been hectic! I can't belive there would be such a out of control class with you in the room ! I'll send good vibes to you tommorow!

    ReplyDelete